Thursday, December 21, 2017

A Holiday Gift For Your Teen: Some Advice From Us Old Folks

A friend shared this article with me recently, and I wished someone had told me this stuff when I was 16. At 66 I might not be able to get to all this but god I want to!!! Sit at your dinner table, bring along this list, and let your kids know that their youth should not be wasted. Carpe Diem!
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/37-things-youll-regret-when-youre-old

And also here is my holiday gift to you. I just read yesterday this amazingly funny, smart, and oh so easy to relate to book called Nuclear Family by Susanna Fogel. Susanna is an author, and writes and directs for TV and Film. She has a giant blockbuster coming out this summer that she both wrote and directed staring  actress Mila Kunis and Kate McKinnon of Saturday Night Live fame.

It is a novella about Julie, a 30 something who you never meet, but get to know very intimately through the letters she receives from her family and other "things" I don't want to spoil for you. If you are a mother, a father, a daughter, a sister, a grandmother, a friend, or like all of us has been someone's child, you will find yourself and everyone you know in this laugh your ass off book. I sat on the couch yesterday for 3 hours savoring it from cover to cover, laughing out loud and talking to myself. Treat yourself this holiday week. Sit down with coffee or better yet a cocktail and give some joy to yourself!!

https://www.amazon.com/Nuclear-Family-Tragicomic-Novel-Letters/product-reviews/1250165237/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_paging_btm_2?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&pageNumber=2

Have an amazing and wonderful holiday with your family. Extra hugs and kisses all around!!!


2 comments: