Thursday, November 12, 2015

I Wish My Parent Would........

A few years back I did a survey with sixty 9th -12th graders. I am reminded it about it this time of year when first term report cards are about to come out, and the holidays are looming.  Here is what your teens would love from you:


I LOVE WHEN MY PARENT (S):

·      Ask me to go places with them because I really don’t get to do that a lot.
·      Make me the center of attention because it makes me feel loved.
·      Tell me I’m doing good, because it makes me feel good about myself.
·      Praise me and say they are proud, and I love when they listen,  actually listen, because it makes me feel like they are interested and proud of me.
·      Spend time just watching TV with me, because I never get to spend time with them.
·      Tell me when they are proud of me because it makes me feel good.
·      Say good job, we knew you could do it, because it gives me confidence to succeed in life.
·      Say they are proud of me to others because it shows that they notice the good things, instead of just punishing me for the
·      Are wicked nice to me because it makes me feel like my parents actually care.
·      Say they are proud of me, it makes me feel self fulfilled.
·      Aren’t rushing into conclusions about things because it makes me feel like for one second they aren’t judging me.
·      Take what I say seriously and believe me because it lets me know they trust me as much as I trust them.
·      Hear me out and listen to something I say, because it’s frustrating when they only listen to themselves.
·      Ask me to do things with them because it’s the best.
·      Talk to me, because it shows they care.
·      Tell me that they trust me and that they are proud of me because I like to feel like my parents are happy with me and I don’t want to disappoint them.
·      Tell me they are proud of me, because it makes me feel like I actually did some good for them.
·      Can just talk and hang out and have fun with me because it makes me feel more connected and more equal.

No comments:

Post a Comment